HIPAA Compliant Privacy Statement
At Xperience Living, Inc., we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers' personal information, including Protected Health Information (PHI) or medical records. As a company that adheres to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule, we take all necessary measures to ensure that PHI is handled in a confidential and secure manner.
This notice describes how your PHI may be used and disclosed by our organization, as well as your rights and our obligations with respect to your PHI. We are required by law to provide you with this notice. Please read it carefully, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us using the information provided at the end of this notice.
How we may use and disclose your PHI:
We may use and disclose your PHI for the following purposes:
- Treatment: We may use and disclose your PHI to provide, coordinate, or manage your healthcare and related services.
- Payment: We may use and disclose your PHI to obtain payment for the healthcare services we provide to you.
- Healthcare Operations: We may use and disclose your PHI for our internal operations, such as quality improvement activities, business planning, and administrative activities.
- Required by Law: We may use and disclose your PHI when required to do so by law.
- Public Health Activities: We may use and disclose your PHI for public health activities, such as disease reporting, public health surveillance, and investigations.
- Health Oversight Activities: We may use and disclose your PHI for health oversight activities, such as audits, investigations, inspections, and licensure or disciplinary actions.
- Law Enforcement: We may use and disclose your PHI for law enforcement purposes, such as to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person.
- Judicial and Administrative Proceedings: We may use and disclose your PHI in response to a court order or subpoena.
- Research: We may use and disclose your PHI for research purposes, as permitted by law.
- To Avert a Serious Threat to Health or Safety: We may use and disclose your PHI to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to your health or safety, or to the health or safety of the public or another person.
Your rights regarding your PHI:
You have the following rights regarding your PHI:
- Right to Access: You have the right to access and receive a copy of your PHI.
- Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your PHI.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications: You have the right to request that we communicate with you about your PHI in a certain way or at a certain location.
- Right to Request Amendment: You have the right to request that we amend your PHI if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to Receive an Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to receive a list of certain disclosures of your PHI that we have made.
- Right to File a Complaint: You have the right to file a complaint with us or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.
Our obligations with respect to your PHI:
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of your PHI.
- Provide you with this notice of our privacy practices.
- Follow the terms of this notice.
- Notify you if there is a breach of your unsecured PHI.
How to contact us:
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights regarding your PHI, please contact us at the following:
This notice is effective as of Feb 21, 2023. We may revise this notice from time to time, and the revised notice will be effective for all PHI